We make this bean dip for many parties we attend. We almost always have a big tub of it on hand for ourselves as a snack or quick meal. It is basically beans, olive oil, and water so it’s a pretty healthy thing to eat in moderation.
I recommend eating it with multi-grain scoops or spreading some on a whole wheat tortilla, adding a slice of cheese, and microwaving it for about 45 seconds.
NOTE: You may need to reduce the recipe or do it in batches if you don’t have a very powerful blender. It makes 8 cups which is a LOT of bean dip.
(4) 16 oz cans of reduced sodium black beans
1 Tbsp pepper jelly
25 dashes chipotle Tabasco sauce
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup extra light olive oil*
1/2 cup water
1 lime’s zest
2 lime’s juice
* Sometimes I substitute a little of one of the following for some of the olive oil:
– Ken’s Steakhouse Three Cheese Italian Salad Dressing
– Ken’s Steakhouse Lite Red Wine Vinegar & Olive Oil
– Ken’s Steakhouse Olive Oil Vinaigrette
1. Blend all ingredients except beans in a blender.
2. Rinse beans (degas), add to blender, blend all until smooth.
Here is a printable PDF version: Bean Dip