The guys over at Penny Arcade mentioned a s’mores snack mix and I wanted to make a gluten free version. I’ve tried several concoctions now and none are bad but this one will get you on your way to your own perfect mix. Please let me know in the comments below of any other magical combos the rest of us should try.
Cloudy Skid Marks (Printable PDF Version)
Make about 4 servings
7 cups of air-popped popcorn
3 cups Corn or Rice Chex cereal
3 cups mini marshmallows
4 oz white chocolate – melting wafers taste and work better
8 oz dark or bittersweet chocolate
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1. Pop popcorn in air popper.
2. Line 10” x 15” rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Spred Chex evenly across bottom of pan.
4. Spread marshmallows evenly across Chex.
5. Place on top rack of oven and broil to toast marshmallows.
6. Spread popcorn evenly across marshmallows and press in place.
7. Melt white chocolate in microwave. 1 min @ 50% power.
8. Drizzle white chocolate in zigzag across popcorn.
9. Melt and drizzle half of dark chocolate. Repeat with other half in opposite direction.
10. Melt and drizzle semi-sweet chocolate.
11. Refrigerate ~45min to set.